Monday, April 26, 2010

Sightings of Gecko's

A few days ago, I was cleaning the bathroom. I saw this little sliver of a dark tail. I suddenly freaked out. I thought it was a silver fish or some other strange bug! When I looked closer, it was a tiny tiny lizard! A gecko to be exact. He was about as long as the distal phalanges of my thumb! I didnt catch him, because he was so small that he resembled a small bug! I just let him be...

Since that encounter, I have seen 2 other gecko's climbing on the walls in the living room.

Tonight, I was able to catch one. I went to close my window a little, and there on the screen was this little tiny beige and black gecko! I caught him in a little playing cards box. So I aligned him next to a five of spades, to illustrate his length, and size. Of course, after taking about 15 snapshots of the cute thing, I let him go outside on some bushes. As soon as I came inside, and closed my bedroom door, another one, slightly bigger than this one, and a bit orangy in color, started running down the wall, onto a blue rubbermaid tub I have. He dissapeared, and I couldn't find him. So I might be lucky later, to have another sighting of him!








2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are so cool! Although I had to google "distal phalanges" LOL! I like how you have the playing card there so I can see how TEENY the gecko is! How fun that they are living among you! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are the cutest things!! I never tried to actually catch one!

    ReplyDelete